Willow Grove Protection Order & Domestic Violence Abuse Attorney

Protection From Abuse & Domestic Violence Attorney Serving Montgomery County, Bucks County, Philadelphia & Surrounding Counties

Pennsylvania law allows a person suffering physical abuse or threat of physical abuse to get protection. Among others, the list of the abuses relevant to this law - physical injury, threats of physical harm, involuntary sex, physical child abuse, sexual abuse of minor children, false imprisonment, and other actions - is a sad comment on what our "loved ones" may be capable of.

In Pennsylvania, a restraining order is called a "protection from abuse" order, or PFA. It is important to note that protection available under the statute is only available to certain groups of individuals (specifically defined within the statue). An example of individuals who may file for protection from abuse include the following:

  • Spouses
  • Former spouses
  • People cohabitating
  • Current or former intimate partners
  • Persons who share biological parenthood

Need a Montgomery County Attorney Fast? Call Allan C. Perry Today!

This list is not inclusive. It is important to contact an attorney to determine if you may be entitled to protection under the statute. If you are suffering or threatened with abuse, take action now by going to the local courthouse or police and requesting domestic abuse protection with a PFA. A temporary "ex parte" order will issue protecting you for a few days until a judge can hear the other person's side of the story at a hearing. At that point, the judge may issue a longer-term "final" order. The court can order protection for a fixed period not to exceed three years.

The order is very specific, identifying the parties, prohibiting abuse, listing places the alleged abuser may not go, and where children involved will stay. If weapons have been used, they must be handed over to law enforcement and the subject of the order may not acquire new ones.

Our law firm represents those suffering spousal abuse or otherwise needing protection as well as people who have had orders taken out against them. We protect people's right to be safe, and right to fend off unfair charges. Contact us today. We offer our clients evening and weekend appointments for your convenience. Call us at (215) 706-5770 . Serving Willow Grove, Abington, Elkins Park, Glenside, Warrington, Warminster, Rockledge, Doylestown, Norristown, Lansdale, Blue Bell, Spring House, New Hope, Jenkintown, Hatboro, Horsham, Ambler, Huntingdon Valley, Southampton, Bensalem, Feasterville, Trevose, Maple Glen, North Wales, Plymouth Meeting, Montgomery County, Bucks County and surrounding areas.

Speak to a family law attorney today!

Call Now
(215) 706-5770

What Our Clients Are Saying


Mutual Consent

Divorce Only

Limited Time Offer

FLAT FEE: $750

Plus Costs & Filing Fees


*Price quoted does not include Divorce with additional issues including but not limited to property division, custody and support.

Call Today!

(215) 706-5770